Comments or questions about anything on this website are always welcome. I'm particularly grateful when readers alert me to mistakes (anything from factual inaccuracies to typing errors), or let me know that a link on the site doesn't work. Please keep it up!
You can send me an email by clicking on the link below. However, before you do so, please bear in mind the following points:
I do not respond to:
- check first whether the information you want is already on the website or can easily be found elsewhere (using Google, for example);
- I'm happy to try to answer questions from students - but please don't expect me to write your essay for you!
- I reply to all emails (even if it's only to say I can't help), usually within three days. If for some reason you don't receive a reply, please try again;
- if I am able to help you with advice or information, I appreciate a brief note of acknowledgement - if only so that I know you've received my reply;
- I no longer give interviews, either face to face or on the phone: everything I know is already on the website.
- requests from parents for advice on the choice of schools for their children: I can't do this and it's not what the site is about;
- requests to provide links to commercial websites;
- offers of articles - sponsored or otherwise;
- emails offering - or appearing to offer - commercial services.
The Visitors' List
If you write to me I will add you to my Visitors' List (which currently numbers around 530 names). You will then receive three emails a year from me listing documents which have been added to the site. You can let me know at any time if you no longer wish to receive updates and I will, of course, remove you from the list.
Note The Visitors' List is used solely for the above purpose: it is not shared with any other person or organisation, and I never pass on an email address without the permission of its owner.